The Constitution of the Fredericton Model Aircraft Club 2012
This Constitution shall come into effect on October 15, 2012 and shall replace and supersede any previous constitutions.
Article I – Name
The club shall be known as “FREDERICTON MODEL AIRCRAFT CLUB”; with its shortened form shall be known as F.M.A.C. hereinafter referred to as the “CLUB”.
Article II – Affiliation
The Club shall be and remain a member of the “MODEL AERONAUTICS ASSOCIATION OF CANADA INC. hereinafter referred to as “M.A.A.C.” and shall comply with all legal requirements of such membership.
Article III – Purpose
The Club is organized for the purpose of carrying on in the Fredericton area without pecuniary gain to its members the following:
- To foster, enhance, assist, aid, engage in and advance the sport of model aeronautics for the enjoyment of the membership.
- To provide a central organization to administer proper control and maintenance of the club flying field.
Article IV- Area of Operation
The Club shall operate in and around Fredericton in the Province of New Brunswick.
Article V – Constitution Revisions
- Any proposed revision of this constitution requires notification to the general membership.
- Club Executive will provide notification to all members prior to the regular annual general membership meeting.
- All revisions will then be put to a vote at that meeting.
- Reservations require a two thirds majority vote of the voting membership and proxies to carry.
Article VI – Membership
The membership year shall be the calendar year commencing with the 1st day of January and ending the 31st day of December.
Membership to the Club shall be open to all persons with an interest in model aviation upon invitation by the members of the Club, and upon payment of such fees, annual or otherwise as are hereinafter set out.
Classes of Membership
- Full Club Member- Must be over 18 years of age as of January 1st.
- Junior Member – Must be under 18 years of age but over 12 years of age as of January 1st.
- Social Member – Must be over 12 years of age as of January 1st. Social members don’t have any voting privileges.
Requirements Of Membership
- Membership is granted to individuals who agree with the objects of the Club and pledge themselves to be governed by the By-laws and resolutions of the Club.
- Membership is granted yearly upon payment of dues as set by the Club membership at the Annual Meeting.
- Members are required to maintain membership in M.A.A.C. and obtain the necessary licenses and permits to operate any radio transmission equipment at the designated Club flying field(s).
Rights of Members
Each member shall:
- Receive a membership card to F.M.A.C. on receipt of his/her annual dues by the treasurer.
- Be eligible to compete in all Club sanctioned events.
- Be eligible to represent the Club in all National and International events.
- Receive a copy of the Club constitution.
- Use of the Club flying field(s) for model aviation.
- To attend all Regular and Special and Annual meetings of the Club.
Termination of Membership
Grounds for Termination
Membership in the Club may be terminated for the following actions but not limited to only these actions:
- Conduct at the Club’s field(s) detrimental to public safety
- Destruction of Club property/facilities
- Conviction of a criminal offence
- Conduct deemed in conflict with the Club Constitution and or Club rules which disrupts the orderly operation of the Club, Club activities or Club flying.
- Personal attacks (physical or vocal) to other club members
- A written signed complaint must be forwarded to a member of the Club Executive
- Document must clearly explain the problem and the history of the complaint
- Executive Committee will review the complaint
- Rule on next action to be taken
- Discuss the complaint with the affected member
- Make a final recommendation to the Club membership for action
- Club Membership votes on the termination action at a regular meeting or a special meeting call for that propose.
- Termination requires a two-thirds majority from quorum of the membership present when the vote is conducted.
Article VII – Organization
Executive Officers of the Club
The executive officers of the Club shall be President, Vice-President and Secretary / Treasurer and such other officers as the Club may determine from time to time.
Duties of the Officers
The President shall:
- Be the chief executive officer of the Club.
- Preside over all meetings of the Club.
- Have general and active management of the business of the Club.
- See that orders and resolutions of the Club are carried into effect.
- With the Secretary / Treasurer or other officers appointed by the Club for the purpose, sign all by-laws and other documents requiring the signature of the officers of the Club.
The Vice-President shall:
- In the absence or disability of the President perform the duties and exercise the powers of President.
- Perform such other duties as shall, from time to time, be required by the Club.
The Secretary / Treasurer shall:
- Attend all meetings of the Club and act as clerk thereof and record all votes and minutes of all proceedings.
- Give notice or cause to be given, notice of all calls and dues to be paid by members.
- Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Club or the President.
- Maintain and keep the minute book of the Club.
- Keep full and accurate record of receipts and disbursements of the Club; deposit all monies and other valuable effects to the credit of the Club.
- Disburse the funds of the Club as may be ordered by the Club.
- Render to the Club at each meeting an account of all its transactions and of the financial position of the Club.
Assumption of Office
The officers of the Club shall assume office immediately after the Annual meeting at which they were elected and shall continue in office for one year or until the next Annual meeting or until their successors are appointed.
Removal from Office
Any officer of the Club may be removed from office by a two-thirds majority vote of the members present at any regular or special meeting where 21 days notice has been given to the members that such a resolution will be voted on at the meeting.
Article VIII – Meetings
The Club will meet once per month as decided by the membership.
The Annual General meeting shall be held in the month of October.
Special general meeting of the Club may be called by a member resolution signed by five (5) members in good standing provided that written notice be given to all members 21 days in advance of the meeting.
The quorum at any meeting shall consist of 25% of the members or 5 members whichever is the greater.
- Voting may be in person or by proxy provided that the proxy is himself entitled to vote.
- All proxy votes must be in writing and signed by the member granting the proxy and must indicate to whom the proxy is granted, the date of the meeting for which the proxy is granted, be of the form contained in Appendix A attached hereto.
- Voting shall be by secret ballot or show of hands as applicable and a simple majority shall decide any vote unless the resolution concerns the Constitution or By-laws of the Club in which case a two-thirds majority shall decide.
Article IX – Finance
The financial year of the Club shall be the calendar year.
- Fees shall be determined by resolution of the Executive Officers of the Club and ratified at the Annual or a special meeting of the Club.
- Fees are due and payable on the first day of January each year.
Article X – Amendment of Constitution
The Constitution or By-laws of the Club may be repealed or amended by resolution enacted by at least two-thirds of the membership of the Club at a special or annual meeting.
This proxy will allow _____________________________(name) to vote on my behalf at the Annual General Meeting of the Fredericton Model Aircraft Club, held _____________________________(date) at the ________________________(location) according to his discretion.
This proxy will allow _________________________(name) to vote on my behalf at the Annual General Meeting of the Fredericton Model Aircraft Club, held _____________________(date) at the _______________________(location) in the fashion described below.
Resolution – Description of Resolution
For ___ Against ___